MARWEN’S CAPITAL CAMPAIGN
In April 2015, Marwen will begin renovating our space to create an Arts Campus to to serve 30% more students. These renovations will include:
- 2 new studios (for a total of 8)
- A Technology Suite encompassing the entire 3rd Floor
- A Lighting and Special Effects Studio
- A Fashion Studio
- A Student and Family Lounge
- A Portfolio and Documentation Center
- Increased exhibition and critique space
- Additional private spaces for college and career counseling
- A safer and more efficient parking lot
WHY A CAPITAL CAMPAIGN?
Marwen has served over 9,000 students in our 27 year history, but we recognize many more students in Chicago need access to high quality arts programming and college and career counseling. We have been carefully planning this expansion to meet the growing demand for our programs.
WILL THERE BE COURSES OFFERED DURING RENOVATION?
YES! Construction is scheduled from April – September 2015. We will have a regular Winter Term here at Marwen from January to March 2015. There will be no Spring Term in 2015. Marwen’s building will be closed during construction, but staff will working offsite and will be available. We’ve partnered with our friends at the University of Illinois-Chicago and are pleased to say Summer Term will take place from July-August on UIC’s campus. And Marwen’s grand reopening will take place in time for Fall Term in September 2015.